General Need to Knows
- British travellers aged 12 and above need vaccine proof to enter Spain
- You need to complete a Spanish Health Form (click here) for arrival in Spain
- You must provide your passport ID details (we will contact you about this) for entry to the accommodation
*** Requirements can change quickly *** Our information is guidance based on research, for the most up-to-date entry requirements your chosen airline should inform you and further information can be found from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office on gov.uk
Covid-19 Document Requirements
To enter Spain (including the Islands) from the UK, you must be vaccinated if you are a British citizen:
(Children under 12 are excluded) (The following applies to British citizens aged 12 and above.
- A document to demonstrate that you have been fully-vaccinated or boosted within the last 270 days. At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having receiving a booster jab.
- For children aged 12 to 17 who are not fully-vaccinated as defined above can enter Spain by presenting a negative PCR or LAMP test within 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Antigen tests are not accepted.
- If you are not fully vaccinated but have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months, you can also use a medical certificate or recovery record to enter Spain.
Children in the UK given one dose of a vaccine are not considered “fully-vaccinated” by Spain.
Proof of recovery from Covid is not currently accepted as an alternative to testing for travellers from the UK by Spain.
From the Republic or Ireland, use your EU Digital Covid Certificate. If you are unvaccinated and travelling from the Republic of Ireland, you are able to take an antigen test to enter Spain. This must be within the 48 hours before arrival in Spain.
Full details from the Spanish government: click here
Covid form-filling and test-booking service
We offer a complete service for UK residents: click here
Where can I get tested in the UK?
Please click below for links to UK-based private testing options.
Where can I get tested in Lanzarote?
Remember, only unvaccinated UK travellers need a test to return to the UK.
Note that an antigen test – provided it meets the standards – is acceptable for entry to the UK.
Klinink Cenmed in Playa Blanca, near the church
The Doha clinic near the post office in Playa Blanca
Euro Klinik in Playa Blanca
Eurofins operate at the airport
Biolab have a few different locations
Test Point Canarias also have a few areas covered
Passport ID Details
We will contact you via email with details of providing your passport ID details.
The copies of your passport or ID must be clear and display the photo ID, document number, issue date of the document, the expiry date of the document, full name, date of birth and nationality. Please ensure the flash of the camera does not cover any of the details in the passport or ID card. For ID cards it may be necessary to send the front and the back to include all the details requested.
This is a similar requirement process as it is when checking in a hotel in Spain. We are obliged to notify the Guardia Civil of your arrival and your identity details. We appreciate you may not have done this previously staying in a villa but this has always been a legal requirement like in hotels – it is only in the past few years that this is being enforced in private accommodation.
Travel from the UK after the UK’s withdrawal from the EU
The UK has left the EU. It is therefore important you check the new rules for entry and travel. We recommend you read the guidance on gov.uk in case there are any practical steps you personally need to take, please click here.
We have a short need-to-know guide: click here.
There is a useful passport checker: click here.